When selecting investments, Aretas Capital Management Ltd pursues a disciplined approach; identifying opportunities in different market contexts and regions. We prefer active strategies to passive investing. The quality of return lies in its steadiness, requiring both independent thinking and action in the implementation of investment strategies. Consequently, Aretas Capital Management Ltd pursues this and is committed to performance over several market cycles.
The long-term experience of Aretas Capital Management Ltd in the selection of hedge fund and private equity managers is based on the management of diversified portfolios that meet institutional requirements. Managers and funds are evaluated from an entrepreneurial point of view. They need to demonstrate specific competitive advantages. We select managers that are free from conflicts of interest based on professional screening and due diligence processes.
Effective risk management means that Aretas Capital Management Ltd only takes risks for which the market pays an adequate premium. Risks are actively managed and, where necessary, hedged with appropriate instruments.
Every three months, Aretas Capital Management Ltd sheds light on a topic we deem significant for medium- to long-term investment perspectives.
The topics are closely related to the financial markets, yet it is our objective to provide a broader perspective and background. In addition to the main topic, this publication also deals with current market issues and explains our investment policy in detail.
- ACM Outlook 4th Quarter 2020: «Bread or Games?»
- ACM Outlook 3rd Quarter 2020: «The Raiders of Lost Inflation»
- ACM Outlook 2nd Quarter 2020: «A Farewell to Passive Investing»
- ACM Outlook 1st Quarter 2020: «Already invested in private equity or merely talking about it?»
- ACM Outlook 4th Quarter 2019: «Can Bitcoin Outshine Gold?»
- ACM Outlook 3rd Quarter 2019: «Wall Street Buys Facts Whereas Silicon Valley Sells Visions»
- ACM Outlook 2nd Quarter 2019: «Amenities are not of great concern to management in Japan»
- ACM Outlook 1st Quarter 2019: «Lessons Unlearned»
- ACM Outlook 4th Quarter 2018: «Cathedrals or Ruins of Commerce?»
- ACM Outlook 3rd Quarter 2018: «Will the word ‹auto› kill the automobile?»
- ACM Outlook 2nd Quarter 2018: «The Land of Endless Debt»
- ACM Outlook 1st Quarter 2018: «The People Must Always Eat»
- ACM Outlook 4th Quarter 2017: «Bezos Saves Bernanke»
- ACM Outlook 3rd Quarter 2017: «A Kingdom of Energy Is Not Enough»
- ACM Outlook 2nd Quarter 2017: «Abenomics & Trumponomics»
- ACM Outlook 1st Quarter 2017: «15 Minutes of Fame»
- ACM Outlook 4th Quarter 2016: «Time Machines and lessons learned»
- ACM Outlook 3rd Quarter 2016: «Island on an Island»
- ACM Outlook 2nd Quarter 2016: «Twilight for shadow banks»
- ACM Outlook 1st Quarter 2016: «The End for Black Gold»
Aretas Capital Management Ltd
Tel: +41 44 533 48 00